“He and his wife have been wealthy for a number of years, and so I think that’s really the issue. President Obama is wealthy — what does he understand about the common man right now?”
1. There should be no religion being taught in public schools period. It’s already the law. It’s discriminatory and offensive to force Christian views and beliefs onto children who come from or identify as non-Christian.
2. If there’s too much homosexuality being forced on us, what about the onslaught of heterosexuality that’s always been forced upon us? “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” have been on the television for over 10 years. On that one show we have over 20 people, each season, promoting that hey it’s okay to go on twenty different dates and kiss twenty different people. Then we have a majority of our politicians, our leaders of this nation, who have had multiple wives and husbands, have affairs. Yet homosexuality is the thing that’s going to be the worst thing for our children to be aware of?
3. You cannot teach homosexuality. Either you are or you aren’t. You can’t turn someone into a homosexual. Just like you can’t turn someone into a heterosexual. People are what they are. People are born LGBTQ or they are born Heterosexual. It’s the matter of whether or not they decide to act on it. For instance you can be a homosexual, but you can pretend and act as though you are a heterosexual for your entire life. It doesn’t change the fact that you are a homosexual.
4. You ever think if maybe children understand that being gay, bisexual, lesbian, transgendered, straight, is just another quality that makes up a person, maybe they wouldn’t have to react so negatively about it? What we need in this country is sex education for teens at the appropriate time. This isn’t something for younger kids in like middle school or elementary. It should be taught at the same age as those worthless abstinence classes are being taught now. If we think their old enough to be taught “No sex is good sex until you’re married”, then frankly they’re old enough to be taught fully about sex and everything that falls under that category, which includes sexuality and safe sex.
5. AIDS IS NOT A HOMOSEXUAL DISEASE. It is a disease that infects thousands upon thousands of people because they are given false information (like it’s a “gay” disease) and aren’t educated fully on how to have safe sexual intercourse. There are so many heterosexual people out there who were infected with AIDS because they were unsafe. There are people out there who were infected with AIDS because of a blood transfusion. Maybe if people were actually taught about this disease they would understand that anyone can get it if they are not safe.
See other comments about this post here.
1. That’s just fucking insensitive.
2. You guys can’t move on from Pearl Harbor? Have you forgotten how America retaliated? ATOMIC BOMBS. Two places, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Civilians died, and for decades suffered radiation effects. Pearl Harbor is a military base. See the difference, weigh the casualties. Even Robert McNamara questioned the morality of America’s actions against Japan was commensurate to what Japan has done against the US.
3. Have you forgotten World Trade Center? Hurricane Katrina? How would you feel if people said the same thing, because let’s not forget Agent Orange in Vietnam, or the number of times the American government sponsored coup attempts in Latin America, or supported dictatorships.
4. Don’t fucking abuse Hindu beliefs and throw around the concept of Karma as if you know it.
5. The people who were involved in WWII are dead. These Japanese people who are affected by the quake and tsunami are the generations that pay taxes to the government. In effect, the same people who contribute so much to the United Nations, through aid and what not. The same people who gave their unequivocal support to the United States when the WTC attack happened. And youthink they deserve this?
THANK YOU. God, the insensitivity and lack of compassion from people just sickens me.
I just love when people try to prove their intelligence by demeaning and saying a country deserves something because of a few things they did YEARS ago. If you do that and I read it, I’m just going to think you’re a fucking asshole and a piece of shit.
I hate people who try to make America the “holier than thou” country. We’ve done our fair share of horrible things. But of course we’re America and when it happens to us it’s a tragedy. If it happens to other countries it’s because they did something horrible to America. That’s bullshit.
We’ve done some shit. But that average American doesn’t know about our shit. But then again even if we did show the average American about our shit, they’d brush it off and say it was a “necessary sacrifice for the good of the country”. Examples, torturing people in war, testing diseases on citizens or non-citizens of this country, cutting back on safety precautions and requirements to save a few dollars which would possibly expose millions to poisons or dangerous items, shooting and killing innocent bystanders in the Middle East, and most important of all, ignoring the fact that people are dying and being abused by their leaders until we can’t ignore them anymore.
So yeah. Don’t come to me and say that a country or people deserve a tragic event because of things they’ve done. Because if that were true, America would be blown the fuck up.
And this is the mentality of some Americans.
I mean we basically only care about an oppressed people if they somehow affect our money.
When people want the president to interfere? They’re basically saying, “Fix it back so we still have our money like we used to.”
Which is sad and honestly, disgusting.
don’t let it be someone you know 1-800-273-8255
She’s so quotable.
Me too, Sue. Me too.
When she hit rock bottom, Chely Wright came close to ending the life that had kept a big secret for so long.
The country-music singer, 39, who came out this week, says at one point she picked up a gun and was close to pulling the trigger – trapped as a closeted lesbian and afraid of losing everything in a conservative industry that might not accept who she really was.
“I had a 9-millimeter gun in my mouth,” Wright said on Wednesday’s Today show. “I was living a secret life, and I was very much a country-music celebrity … I gave up hope, and I was ready to take my own life.”
The pressure had been building, she said, ever since John Rich of country-music duo Big & Rich asked her if she was gay – the first time she’d ever been asked directly after years of avoiding the issue.
She recalls: “John finally asked me point blank: ‘You’re not gay. If you are, people won’t have it. It’s sick, it’s deviant, it’s unacceptable to country-music fans.’ And he said, ‘You’re not, are you?’ And I lied. And I knew that I had gone from not talking about it to being a liar.”
The weight of that new burden nearly drove her to suicide – but she managed to face her fears instead. “I stopped praying for what I had always prayed for, which was ‘Help me figure out a way to still have my career and everything,’ ” she says. “My prayer was: ‘God, give me a moment’s peace.’ ”
She adds: “I didn’t hear God’s voice. I didn’t see a guy in a robe. But I heard God say what He’d been whispering in my ear all along: ‘I expect one thing of you, and that’s to tell the truth.’ “
Unfortunately, there are way too many in our community who go through this and don’t end up hearing that whisper. And don’t have anywhere else to turn.
If you’re in the US and you’re a LGBT teen or whatever. And you’re thinking of suicide I urge you STRONGLY to call the Trevor Hotline @ 866-4-U-TREVOR. I actually used them a few times and they helped me. They know what you’re going through. They care about you and your life.
Remember no matter what anyone tells you.
You are a BEAUTIFUL person. Forget whatever they’re saying about who you are and what you should be.
Your life is WORTH it.
Do you hear me?
YOU ARE WORTH IT.
LGBT youth/teens are four times more likely to commit suicide. Especially if they are being bullied at school or outside of school. Which to me is probably one of the most heartbreaking things that I could ever imagine. Carl Walker. After being ridiculed so much at school he took his own life. He was 11. 11 years old and he hated his young life so much he hung himself in his home after school. This has to stop. This child killed himself because the thought of being labeled as a homosexual was too much for him. Are we as a people really at the point of saying homosexuality is so bad that death is the only other alternative? Is homosexuality that much of a problem that you’re okay with people ending their own lives because they’re so depressed over the matter of being accepted by their family? I don’t think so. They’re people. Trying to find love the same way as everyone else. So, yeah, it’s in the bible as an abomination. But remember it was Jesus who said that the greatest commandment was to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The second greatest commandment? ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ Is bullying and not speaking up for children who are bullied for any reason, following that second greatest commandment? No. It’s not. Join an anti-bullying movement. You hear someone bullying someone. Stop them. Participate in my own personal favorite movement: Day of Silence To learn about how to stop bullying : No Bully
LGBT youth/teens are four times more likely to commit suicide.
Especially if they are being bullied at school or outside of school.
Which to me is probably one of the most heartbreaking things that I could ever imagine.
Carl Walker. After being ridiculed so much at school he took his own life.
He was 11.
11 years old and he hated his young life so much he hung himself in his home after school.
This has to stop.
This child killed himself because the thought of being labeled as a homosexual was too much for him. Are we as a people really at the point of saying homosexuality is so bad that death is the only other alternative? Is homosexuality that much of a problem that you’re okay with people ending their own lives because they’re so depressed over the matter of being accepted by their family?
I don’t think so.
Trying to find love the same way as everyone else.
So, yeah, it’s in the bible as an abomination.
But remember it was Jesus who said that the greatest commandment was to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”
The second greatest commandment?
‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Is bullying and not speaking up for children who are bullied for any reason, following that second greatest commandment?
No. It’s not.
Join an anti-bullying movement.
You hear someone bullying someone. Stop them.
Participate in my own personal favorite movement: Day of Silence
To learn about how to stop bullying : No Bully
Welcome to your life, america.
Okay, let’s be REALLY fucking real, y’all. I absolutely hate this picture. Sorry Heather, I like you, but I’m kind of pissed at you for posting this.
People become poor as fuck sometimes, and sometimes it happens quite suddenly.
Happened to me. Last year.
REAL TALK: I have a college education, double-digit years of experience in my field of work, a pair of 60 dollar jelly sandals, a notebook laptop and a 300 dollar pink purse. I went to fucking japan for two weeks last summer.
But you know what?
Once I lost my job and my savings ran out I had to stand in line for free food this fall because I had no job and no money.
I’m not ashamed about it. Programs like that exist for situations like that. I ate well. If Michelle Obama was handing out bags of potatoes and we engaged in a conversation about Kate Spade, maybe I would have shown her my purse, wallet and maybe my 60 dollar jelly shoes.
I am a fucking person, goddamnit and so is this guy. Situations are individual, and this picture pissed me off back when I was gainfully employed and wanted for nothing.
Being a professional musician is NOT all glamour, fyi. (Who wants to be my manager/agent? I clearly wanna work hard!! lulz.)
Anyway, this is fucking racist, classist, and insensitive as all hell. We are in a different kind of economy. The unemployment rate in my state is in DOUBLE FUCKING DIGITS. That’s only the people who, unlike myself, qualify for unemployment.
That says NOTHING about the people who are underemployed making minimum wage to like 12 dollars an hour with a mortgage, car payment and a life.
Reblogging for Pam’s kick-ass commentary.
Also, who spends their time making shit like this on the internet? Maybe not a fair question coming from a girl who has made a Captchart.
But you only use Captchart for good!
Same. Reblogging for commentary.
All of awesome-everyday’s commentary. Cost of judging people you don’t fucking know while hiding behind a false sense of superiority on the internet: $0. And I don’t know why homeless is in quotes here, that phone looks way too small for that man to live in it.
Plus, even if this guy was spending $100 a month on his phone plan, UM THAT ISN’T ENOUGH TO PAY RENT. Or to buy a month’s worth of groceries for most people.
I hate this attitude that in order to qualify for basic respect from the non-homeless, people like this man should have to hawk everything they own and live without a single luxury.
Although, really, are phones a luxury at this point? If you apply for a job, how are you going to hear back if you don’t give them a phone number? How can you call your case worker if you don’t have a phone? How can you contact your family? Phones are pretty necessary.
And how much do you think the federal government spent on his free meal? A couple dollars? Maybe $5? Yeah. Not exactly a “handout.”
reblogging this for the amazing commentary. when i was on food stamps, i had a macbook, an ipod, and i wore $80 jeans. because i had those things BEFORE i was poor.
god forbid people have a couple of nice things.
oh, and i’d like to add that on credo, blackberries are free with a plan. and their plans are cheap. not everyone pays out the ass for their stupid phone. mine was FREE DOLLAZ. so suck on that.
i’m excited for people like bookwormlibertarian to make a post about how i am spreading misinformation about poor people because i am offering up suggestions as to how a person receiving a free meal could have a phone. i mean, what’s next, are we going to be pissed because he has socks, too? socks cost money. i mean if he was that poor, he’d sell his socks, AMIRITE?
oh yeah, also: i don’t know about you, but not every shelter or food bank is government run in my area. they rely on the kindness of people who don’t judge the homeless. people who say, ‘this month, let’s help someone other than ourselves.’ i know all y’all ‘libertarians’ are all, ‘FREE MARKET BITCHES, GET YER OWN FOOD.’ but some people donate their time, money, and resources to helping other people. i’m not saying the meal in this photo was not a government meal, but i AM asking, ‘was it a government meal? do we know this for sure?’
basically, shut up, privileged fucks.
Do you think that all these homeless shelters just popped up during Obama’s term as president?
They’ve been around for decades because our country refuses to focus on important things such as the poverty rate in this country. No one wants to talk about that because they’re too busy trying to figure out whether or not to keep or get rid of the tax cuts for the wealthy.
Last time I checked there is no guaranteed “free government meal”. Sure, there’s the welfare system bare essentials and the food stamps. But a majority of the food that goes to homeless shelters are food that’s been donated by the public willingly and by corporations willingly. No one is forcing anyone to donate to a homeless shelter.
Obviously if they’re in the shelter they have reasons. Personal reasons as to why they have to go to a shelter and eat food that’s been donated. They have reasons as to why they can’t afford to go and eat a meal at their home. I’ve had to go and get a box of food from a church because my family couldn’t afford to buy groceries. We weren’t homeless. But we still were in the situation where there just wasn’t enough income for my family to eat.
Finally, what makes you think he has a blackberry phone? How do you know this isn’t one of those pay as you go phones from Walmart that’s like $35?
That’s right, you don’t know. Just like you don’t know what brought this man to the shelter. Just like you don’t even know if he’s homeless.
I don’t know if he’s homeless. I don’t know if that’s a blackberry phone in his hand.
But what I do know is you’re a classist hypocrite.
I Know There’s People Probably Saying Well He Continues To Allow Imperfect People To Be Born, But It Is Our Duty To Make The Right Choices. To Be Honest What Good Is There In Gay People. There Isn’t Any.
- Gays Increase Bullying
- Gays Create More Confused Children
- Gays Decrease Our Population
- Gays Increase Aids
I Know People Are Gonna Have a Whole Bunch Of Blah Blah Blah To Say But Whatever Its My Opinion.
Get your facts straight.
- Bigots, hatred, intolerance, racists, men, women, ignorance, alcohol, drugs, abusive households increase bullying.
- Everything confuses children.
- Women not giving birth, famine, poverty, drugs, gangs, alcohol, war, abusive households, disease, cancer, seizures, guns, and natural disasters decrease our population.
- Unsafe sexual intercourse, heterosexuals, needles, blood transfusions, and rape increase AIDS
To be honest what good is in heterosexuals.
- They gave birth to Hitler and killed millions of Jews and other minorities.
- They dropped the atomic bomb twice after developing nuclear warfare killing thousands and affecting persons of later generations with the chemicals used.
- They ignored the Rwandan genocide in Africa which lead to the death of about 800,000 people.
- They have started wars over land. Which has resulted in an unknown amount of people dying.
- They created the porn industry, which would lead to objectifying women a never dying profit.
- They rape women as a weapon during war.
- They bomb buildings.
- They caused the oil spill in the gulf.
- They molest children and hide behind a “cloth of God”.
- They started slavery. Which would lead to the the enslaved individuals developing inferiority complexes.
- They did nothing to help aide those who were victims of Hurricane Katrina for months.
- They mowed down thousands of acres of rain forests. Causing the extinction of many species of animals.
- They put Jesus up on the cross.
I know some people are gonna have a whole bunch of blah blah blah to say.
But whatever it’s my opinion.
Throughout Eclipse, we’re presented with some of the most damaging, dangerous, and utterly offensive themes I have ever seen in popular culture. Women need men to be whole people. Marriage is an institution that demands respect, not because it is an act of love, but because it is a necessary transaction to complete the soul. There are distinct roles that men and women must follow or there is something deeply wrong with who they are.
Racism. Transphobia. Misogyny. Sexism. Xenophobia. Homophobia. Classism. It’s the worst of the worst. It’s like a buffet of all the terrible things that hurt this world and directly affect those who are oppressed by these institutions, by the minorities who lack the privilege that a rich, white, Mormon author exerts on a daily basis. And, at heart, that’s what a lot of this book felt to me: A person who holds nearly every privilege in the world (no male privilege) rubs this in our faces at every single moment she can.
You aren’t a real woman. You aren’t a real man. You aren’t worthy without a nice car. You aren’t worthy unless your skin is white. You aren’t worthy unless you believe in God, in marriage, in traditional gender roles, in the subjugation of the woman to the man, in everything that makes ME a worthy part of this world.
Fuck you, Stephenie Meyer.
Because on top of all of this wankery and bullshit, you cannot fucking write. If we remove every bit of wank you’ve subjected us to in the 629 pages of Eclipse, you have one of the most poorly written novels ever committed to paper left over. You lack an invigorating vocabulary. You have multiple errors that any amateur editor should have caught. You cannot develop and maintain interesting and consistent characters. You have no idea how to introduce a plot in any of your novels and, even if you were trying to experiment with an alternative narrative technique, you absolutely can’t do that well either.
Quoted from Mark Reads Twilight.
ALL OF THIS. ALL OF IT. This man is my best friend ever.